Sunday, August 26, 2012

Vera Drive

This summer my son moved his family from Tennessee to Mississippi. In the process of packing the garage Grant discovered a pair of green shutters original to his home. We hauled them home and they sat in the carport until I came up with an idea. The first idea for shutter #1 came from Pinterest. I will do a post on Tour Eiffel later. The minute I completed my Annie Sloan Paint class at Robyn Story Design in Tampa I knew what I wanted to do.


GREEN SHUTTERS

I'll blog about the Paris shutter when I complete it! It is still a work in progress.....

This is Vera Drive......a horizontal shutter turned hang up for Vera bags.

Grant's lovely wife Mandi loves Vera Bradley bags. We had taken Mandi to her hair appt. in Knoxville. While waiting....my daughter and I decided to go "junking". We found a couple of second hand stores in the area. If we had taken a trailer to TN.....we would have hauled home a great deal more treasures. Since I was limited the Vera Dr. sign, clock and old telephone made it home to FL..The sign was perfect for Mandi. Her Vera collection numbers are 100+.

My sweet husband hung this on the fence by the pool so I could take pictures of it outside.....

Vera's look great poolside.....but we will deliver to Miss. when Grant and Mandi find a home.
I just hope they have a wall large enough.

The bird hangers and crystal knobs came from Hob Lob.

Annie Sloan paint color is French Linen with clear wax. 


Anyone have any old shutters hanging around they don't want?
I watch for curbside treasures, don't you?

Lynda

Linking to Parties Below:




Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
Boogieboard Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...