Wednesday, June 29, 2011

SummerTIME crafting

I found a round wooden disc in the garage this spring and had plans for a while to make it into a clock. Many inspirations in blogland later.... a coat of gray.....(Dixie, our Yorkie, walked through the area giving us her approval...)
followed by a coat of beige...

This is where the project took an unexpected turn....I could not locate the white tissue paper.....so I found in my stash.....a roll of....shall we say....old 1980's boyd's bears   vintage tissue paper?
It will work on the front porch, since it is sorta...red, white and blue.... I had to consult the clock in the living room to decide on placement of the roman numerals....


I never realized they are upside down from #4-8...
The cricket (Storybook letters) made this step SoOOo easy! My first experience with vinyl....watch out, I'll be making signs with every piece of wood I can find...

HOLD EVERYTHING>>>>

OOPS!  We interrupt this project for 2 weeks of Circle J Camp. This is an outreach ministry of our church. My husband volunteered to be part of the cast the last week and I have been camp nurse for the last 2 weeks....neglecting all projects....
George was hilarious as prospector Bill. He did a great job, as usual.
In 3 weeks we minister to approx 600 children grades 1-5. The camp is all volunteers and the teams make it run like a well-oiled machine....
The LORD's ministry is much more important than any craft I make...so it will be finished after this week....stay tuned for the final clock reveal....I have a few more bandaids to place on some skinned knees.....
Perhaps linking to parties listed here:











No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...