Saturday, July 5, 2014

Dessert Party Pizza

Happy July 5th! I made this yesterday for a get-together we had with a couple of families. It turned out great so I thought I would share the experiment. I had seen several versions on All Recipes.com but combined several and added vanilla because everything taste better with vanilla! I think they are hard to mess up really.
Ingredients:     1 tube of sugar cookie dough
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
6 oz Cool Whip
2 cups of strawberries and 2 cups of blueberries

1. Slice one tube of sugar cookie dough and spread evenly onto a stone or parchment paper. Bake according to the directions on the package. COOL completely.

2. Wash and slice about 25 berries. Try to slice the berries about the same width. For extra large berries you can get four slices. Dry on paper towel.

3. Wash and drain 2 cups fresh blueberries. Dry on paper towel.

4. Beat 1 pkg. cream cheese until soft. Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar + 1 tsp. vanilla and mix together. Add 1/2 tub (about 6 oz. )of Cool Whip still blending with mixer.

5. Spread mixture on baked and cooled cookie dough. Arrange berries beginning with a star. Wrap with plastic saran wrap and cool in refrigerator until ready to slice and serve. I used a pizza cutter.

The flavor has that "WOW" factor. Summer is a great time to enjoy fresh fruit. Even my husband liked it.


This gal made it to a different party. She was printed from the Country Living Magazine website on July 4th crafts. I added the angel wings, made a Brave rosette and placed both in a peat pot with a July 4th sign. What I wanted to make was a banner with burlap.....ran completely out of time for that! Perhaps next year.....

~Lynda~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...