Friday, June 3, 2016

Junk Journal Class

Hello my friends:

It has been quite a little while since I posted. Blah, Blah...excuses to include new computer versus old dog without tricks....

So retirement is still sweet as ever...I've been enjoying visiting the lake house with my husband....below we are on the river/canal that connects two lakes headed to Mt. Dora.




Now lately I have been working on a project. I have been watching videos on how to make junk journals......on YouTube.....lots of great talent willing to share their secrets!
I have completed several to date and given one as a gift. Below: Graduate Carly enjoys opening her junk journal at her grad party!


So there you have it....another thing to add to my to do list. I have been coffee dying paper and have even used blueberry juice to stain the paper. It is dipped and placed on a cookie sheet to dry in a 200* oven for 7 minutes or so.  The covers are decorated really cute.

Most of you know I volunteer for an organization called Take Heart Africa.org. We raise funds to support aged out orphans and widows in Nedwang, Kenya. So our plan now is to have a few classes
in the summertime in which I will teach you how to make a junk journal.  The first class will be on June 25th. Email me for the details @ Lyndabrownharley@icloud.com. I have room for ten folks!

This is what the journal will look like when you begin:

It is a 9" length by 6" wide cover with ribbon closure. There will be ten pages that will be sewn in by you, the participant, then we will decorate the pages with stamping and add an occasional pocket. 
The class also includes lunch since we will begin and 9:00 AM and end at 12 Noon.Pages may vary.

We will also have a class on making a canvas with a heart. The canvas class will be taught on June 28 from 5:00 PM- 7:00 PM. We will wrap a canvas with Tim Holtz tissue paper then transfer the heart onto the canvas. Complete it with a few stencil marks and then stain it. This class is $35 also and includes dinner! ( I could add a movie, but I know some folks have to work!) haha! 


I hope if you are in the Lakeland, FL area you will sign up and give it a try! I read the other day on someone's blog not to measure....., she states ..."It's not that kind of journal".  Of course she means the OCD/perfectionist is sometimes stretched to create because it rarely turns out picture perfect....but life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful!

Hope to see you soon. Enjoy your summer!

~Lynda 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...