Saturday, July 2, 2011

Crafts for the Fourth

We have been busy cleaning out the pool and getting it ready for a barbeque, hopefully, if the weather will cooperate on Monday.  In the meantime....there were a few crafts I wanted to complete....mainly this freebie frame brought home from Knoxville....or did Grant bring it to me?
Yes that is artwork from the 1980's.....back when I had kids....
A few upholstery tacks and some gold wire later....

ALWAYS hang a flag for a backdrop for JULY 4th! Even if your are not camping on Black Rock Mt. in Ga. or tubing down deep creek, Bryson City, N.C.......


Naturally, I had to make a tag....red card stock....+ buttons+torn blue paper+white heart=genius flag..

Sand some old stools and add a flag....that's right, I raided my sewing tub and found some flags without poles.....a little Modge Podge later...
This stool had seen better days.....
The hard part is waiting for it to dry....
so....let's do another....
I think I need more patience....
This picture was first....oh well, base was podge....then again on top of the fabric....more podge...

 
Now....for ice tea....you need blue cubes from Target.....they don't water down your tea....keep the in the freezer in a ziplock..... take two $ .49 footed glasses from the local Goodwill shop...add a slice of lime.....a rusty horseshoe cowboy working on a fence....the Statue of Liberty...does she have a name?
Oh yeah....Miss Liberty.... we need some cookies here....is anyone baking?

We are ready! Happy Fourth!
Anne is ready for a swim! I am not sure we will get Dixie, Mr. Higgins and Nelson in the water.....
but tomorrow is another day.....


Linking with Parties below:









Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...