Friday, August 10, 2012

Seattle

We were blessed to travel to Alaska this summer. Our first stop was Seattle, Washington. We toured, with the help of Cousin Holly, the Space Needle, Aquarium, Pacific Science Enter, EMP Museum and the Argosy Cruises Harbor Tour. The City Pass was a huge savings...check out citypass.com for savings in the city near you.

The amazing space needle. The city has not let the view be obstructed by tall buildings. You will see how the city was developed on the other side when I take you on the boat tour....another day.
Much like the Tour Eiffel, multiple views are needed to grasp the area and parks that surround this beautiful icon from the 1960's.


We did not visit the glass museum next door,but peaked through the fence line at the sculptures of glass. They lit up the sky at night.


From the top the views are spectacular.
Low flying clouds in this one reveals the mountain range in the background.
The skyline on the other side....
Now tell me....did you see Elvis's movie "It Happened At The World's Fair"?
Have you ever seen the Space Needle?
Our dad brought us to see it in 1963...I was 10 that year and remember it well....
Seems like we had a plate souvenir much like this one.

Now fast forward to the aquarium....we learned a few things here also....
Everything felt like slime....
Star fish can be orange...

The employee standing near this star fish said" Take a picture of this....this is very rare to see....the starfish's stomach comes out to suck the contents of the mussel .... so I did....yuck...

I don't remember what kind of starfish this is...I wrote in down in my book....now if I can just get my hands on the book....where did I put that thing....



Thanks so much cousin Holly! We so enjoyed our tour and short time with you! Blessings to your family for doing without you the entire day! Now leave me a comment so I know you at least want to see the rest of the pictures.....more Seattle and Alaska to come! 
Lynda





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...