Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Beanie!


Facebook has been fun for reconnecting with friends and sharing photos. The "blog" world is different and unique. We have a lot in common....I think....love of home, family, recipes and sharing crafts! I love to read everyone else's blog to see how they are decorating....I think it is hilarious when I read something I did 36 years ago when we were first married, like spray paint pine cones or add them to a wreath....I am always looking for a new craft! I am still waiting on my husband to take down the cork board so I can "pottery barn" it properly....
Anyway this is a special blog of Christmas past. This one is dedicated to my sister who flew the coop...uh...state, many years ago because she is smart.....her husband was transferred to GEORGIA....I would be there or TN if I could....anyway she has a birthday this week. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEANIE! or so she was called as a child. I scanned one of the first pictures I remember seeing of her. We had some teacher friends, (the Galloway family, that taught with Mom) that visited one evening, obviously after we had been bathed and had our p.j.'s on for this picture. Bottom left is me, blonde with red p.j.'s and a robe, sister Patsy in her candy cane p.j.'s and our Mother. Seated on the couch is Mrs. Galloway holding Sabrina born Dec. 23,rd, her daughter and my 3rd grade teacher Billie Galloway, and Patsy's first grade teacher & artist friend of mother's, Neil Asper. Sabrina is such a sweet Christmas gift! This first photo we took at her graduation last year. Happy Birthaversay Dr. May! ) Pictured here with her husband, and two gorgeous daughters. Our first Dr. in the family....my how we are proud of her AND her supportive family. love ya'll...

now don't ya just love this picture from 1959!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...