Wednesday, December 22, 2010

antique hall tree






This old hall tree was purchased the summer of 1975 on a weekend trip from our apartment in Myrtle Beach South Carolina.....to???where were we going that weekend? Charlotte? anyway we passed this home with an open garage.....the retired carpenter had refinished the piece and it was sitting in the drive way....as I remember it...for $150.
Newlyweds seem to splurge on furniture....maybe because we didn't have much.....anyway.....this is what it looks like 38 years later.....decorated with an assortment of Santa's I have acquired over the years. You know how your secret pal gets you something you collect? I wish I had collected manager scenes instead....nativity sets, etc....
Here's looking at you Santa {[:)>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...