Saturday, April 26, 2014

Arcadia, Florida

Hey there, Gals:

I am sharing our experience at The Oak Park Inn, Arcadia, Florida today. A party of  ten drove south Friday afternoon to spend the night at an Inn that dates back to the early 1900's.
The rooms are upstairs and just delightful. There is an antique market monthly on the 4th Saturday. We shopped all day outside and through the town. I have never seen so many shops filled with treasures in one town.  



The above photo is an example of the merchandise in the boutiques. Notice the birdcages......




I liked the shutter headboard at the bottom left of the photo......



We ate at Mary Margaret's Tea Room. I recommend the Hawaiian Wrap.....



We found some shade next to the hotel. It was 90* by 3:00.....summer has arrived. Several of the vendors are headed north for the hot months of June, July, and August.
If you want to do some walking and looking, Arcadia is a great place to explore.

The only purchase I made today was an item I had seen at the Country Living Craft Show in Atlanta. In October I saw this item for $45. Today I found it for $25.....stop by later and I'll show you what I found.....to be continued......
~Lynda~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...