Sunday, May 15, 2011

Paris-Eiffel Tower

Tour Eiffel/Champ-de-Mars Parc is the symbol of Paris. Built in 1889 for the Universal Exhibition, this enormous steel structure stands 1,063 feet high. From the top floor, on a clear day, you can see Paris for 40 miles.


I thought I would share a few shots of the tower we took during our Spring Break visit....
I took this shot just to show the numerous pieces....if you can draw...imagine how daunting this task would be......wonder how many nuts and bolts?
We took many night shots but this is the best one I took. One night it was raining.....so all the pics have these littles circles all over.....water on the lens....
Every night it "sparkles" on the hour.  It's a long wait in 45* weather....
 We wandered across the bridge one day ( Pont D'Iena) to the Trocadero area and this was a different shot with limbs in the way....I liked the view since the base appeared larger ....

This pic was made during the river cruise....which gives you the best advantage, if you ask me, you can't see as many folks.....our river cruise began near Pont-Neuf....which I believe is the oldest bridge in Paris.
I  think this one is my favorite....I had seen a pic in the Knopf Mapguide of Paris that had a horse nearby.....I was thinking.....how did they get a shot of the carousel horse near the tower......but there is a statue of this lady on a horse nearby....you just have to  humble   lower yourself.... if you took it at the right angle....you could probably crop her out altogether....but I like the pink dress and the blue sky.
Which one is your pick?

Linking up with the party girls below! They are so much fun to view.....great ideas....before and afters!

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/


4 comments:

  1. Great shots of the Tower! I love the last one, makes it look like she's riding just past the tower itself. You're so lucky to have traveled to Paris, I could only imagine!!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you make me miss Paris!!! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't pick a favorite. I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your shots are wonderful in different ways! When I first saw the tower I was amazed at how HUGE it is! I couldn't believe the size of the base alone. It must have been interesting to see it being built. My daughter brought back a little statue of the tower which also twinkles! Hope you enjoyed your trip. Linda

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...