Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mayfair by the lake 2011

Hope you have a great Mother's Day weekend! I was up early this A.M. to take photos down by one of the lakes in Lakeland. Every Mother's Day weekend, Lakeland host the art fair of the year around Lake Morton. This is a community event with activities for children and performances by local schools.

The view above is rounding the corner by the library. The vendors are set up almost completely around the lake. Mayfaire is not a craft fair....but fine arts. There is a large variety of art and mixed media. I did not take close ups....as most vendors prohibit photography of their artwork...
but this fair is certainly worth the time ....tremendous talent.....such a blessing!

So I just took pics of the ducks swimming and fighting in the lake. They were quite entertaining today....as if they knew they had an audience.... this is a pair of the black swans....the one in the front is drinking water.....such a process of squiggling the neck to get it down.....
I know we like our drive-up window....fast food....here is a swim-up window for swan food....

How about the black feet on this swan....I mean.....this one had a mean look.....so I didn't get too close...

I parked at Hollis Gardens (off of Lake Mirror) and as I was walking down the sidewalk....this was hanging over the fence....I thought it was a lamp or something....bananas? Are you kidding me?

If you ever get to Florida, be sure and schedule time to drive through Lakeland.....and see all the superb lakes.....and art around the town.....even more than seven swans a swimming....


Enjoy your weekend!

~Lynda~







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...