Thursday, January 20, 2011

Salad recipe

Happy January! It was a 70* day in sunny Florida. I decided to link up with a blog that is sharing recipes today.....salads as a matter of fact so here is one of my favorites from "A Taste Of Victory" our church book that was published years ago.

The ingredients: 1 can sweetened condensed milk
                         1 can crushed pineapple (drained)
                         1 can re pitted cherries(drained)
                         1 12oz. container Cool Whip
                          1 cup chopped pecans
                         1/4 cup lemon juice
Combine the first three ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Add remaining ingredients to first mixture next day before serving. Garnish with extra nuts.

I made this tonight,, but did not refrigerate it. It was not bad, just not as cold as I like it. Ya'll enjoy!


I forgot to place the cool whip in the first picture of the ingredients.....

I like to strain the cherries. How do you like my new strainer???

Don't you just love new kitchen gadgets?

I served it as dessert in a footed glass sherbert dish. It makes it taste better. I have a friend, Ruth that makes this each year. She adds red food coloring to make it pink.....Ya'll come back now and then....

Linked up to:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...