Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Day 2010

On Thanksgiving Day we gather for a time of fellowship and sharing new receipes(and old ones)....then it's off to a special "green background" area of the landscape to take pictures for our annual Christmas greeting card. This year I found a scarf for the girls to wear. We decided to wear black. My husband is always in shorts. It was at least 80* outside so we were a bit warm...An orange tree down the road from my sister's home was the perfect backdrop for the family group photo.
I wish I had taken photos of the second half of Thanksgiving. The dinner gathering began around 7 P.M. as Douglas, my son-in-law's smoked turkey was finally done. It was an exceptional bird! I shared the macaroni and cheese receipe with my daughter-in-law, Mandi and made an extra dish for her to take to her gathering on Friday. We were joined by Douglas's two sisters, their friend, Amanda, George's brother Bob and Mandi's family. We were blessed to enjoy their company.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...