Sunday, November 28, 2010

Decoupage 101




So today I was cleaning out the closet....wrapping gifts....came across a bag from Marshall's in Daytona...now I remember why I bought those beverage napkins...off to the craft table to decoupage??Did I spell it correctly? Please don't grade me on my English! So with 20 beverage napkins I covered the top and bottom of:
1. An empty food container   (Moose Munch)
2. A large peanut container  (nuts, not Jeff Dunham's peanut)
3. A rectangular container w/handles..(watch it ...the open ovals for your hands are tricky...)
4. A Eukanuba dog food treat container w/plastic lid. I did not cover the inside or bottom of the peanut container...but was surprised when 20 small napkins covered all 4 containers well.
I began by removing the white layers of the napkin....there are TWO. Unless you want to cover a container's writing (you can podge a white layer first)....I usually throw away the white layer and just use the thin tissue with the decoration. I think it looks cool with some letters peeking through the tissue. I turned the container bottom up first and began covering small areas at a time. First with Modge Podge...then the tissue. It helps to separate the tissue in small and large pieces first. The napkin was divided in half so I could place the picture right side up. I just tore it in half...when your fingers get sticky you will need to wash your hands or the tissue will stick to you instead of the container...lol..My dog, Dixie curled up in my seat....that's what I get for leaving the table..

Isn't Dixie just a darling! Yorkies are my favorite!
...After it dries you may want to follow the instructions...which usually states to spray with an acrylic sealer and let dry.....Happy Podging....

The one on the left is the Eukenuba Dog Treat container....right one is Moose Munch by Harry and David...YUM.....

Upcycle peanut containers, etc.......Now you will become a paper napkin collector....yikes!
check out Tuesday Morning for napkins....Hallmark stores have some great ones too!

Lynda
PLEASE....leave a comment if you have time! What have you podged lately????










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...