Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tuileries Garden and Musee De L'Orangerie, Paris, France

Bonjour Peeps!

Let's visit the Jardin Des Tuileries and Musee De L'Orangerie in Paris.....shall we? Metro stop: Concorde-yellow 1


Enter the garden from the Southeast corner of the Louve property. There is a Library/Bookstore on the other side of the gate.

Immediately we noticed the plantings were in full bloom, much different than at spring break.


Admire the grand statues......even with a missing arm they are awesome....

Pause for reflection by the fountain.....which is not on this early? It's nice not to have a swarm of folks in your photos.....it pays to arrive early....These green garden chairs are hilarious....most of them are tilted back to allow sun on your face (gathering Vitamin D?).....This place is packed a lunchtime on a sunny day!


The gardens here were planted in pinks and purples.....

Since this is a sisters trip....pause for photo....this is our first trip out of the country. We have visited the beach and mountains together.....but this was certainly a special time! Can you believe that the LORD blessed the "Brown" girls, all in Education, with a trip to Paris? 

Malachi 3:8-17 Will a man rob God?

Enter Musee de L'Orangerie and admire all the  paintings....
Inside you are allowed to take pics of the artwork without a flash.....except for  Water Lilies by Claude Monet....(Now the first year we took pics and no one said anything....but they are on my external hard drive)......

Yes....piano lessons.....my dad made us take lessons for 4-5 years beginning in the 4th grade.

As an adult it is enjoyable to play....but I don't practice as much as I should....


Portrait de Mademoiselle Chanel(1923) by Marie Laurencin (1883-1956)





Les Trois Soeurs (1916-17) by Henry Matisse (1869-1954)


Eglise Saint-Pierre (1914) by Maurice Utrillo (1883-1955)

A photo op....in front of the horseman and the Obelisque (where the French beheaded Marie)

Let's go shopping....in the Librairie De Jardin.....I purchased a card for inspiration....more on that craft later.....

The outside of the Louve as you come up from the Metro Palis-Royal/Musee du Louve- I'll be back to see what goodies await us inside this palace....

Leave me a comment! I would love to hear your thoughts......Where is your favorite place in Paris?
Get the gals together and make plans today! You can visit on a budget!

~Lynda~





2 comments:

  1. Wow Lynda, those are beautiful pictures! I think the close-up picture of the gardens is my favorite, but I love them all. I also love the three sisters painting, probably because I have three girls. How lucky you girls were to get to make that trip together. I can't get over how ornate some of the buildings are over there. I would love to see them first hand. By the way, I really like your jacket! Can't wait to see what you have in mind from the card you picked up, and also to see more pictures from your fantastic trip. Thanks for sharing!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous pictures - wow, I also love browsing art galleries & recently visited a Pre-Raphaelite exhibition in Birmingham & it was so lovely! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos ....

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...