Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring Chicken Coop

Yes...this is how we spent our spring break.....driving a chicken coop hundreds of miles to Mississippi. I know....I thought that too....but I really went to visit my 2 month old grandson! What a fun trip !! I prayed the entire first day from 6:00 A.M. until we arrived around 4:40 P.M. for the coop to stay inside the open air trailer it was on.  We did have a tie strap on....but the wind at 65-70 miles an hour can be quite strong.....Thank you LORD we made it safely!

It just took an extra tank of gas to get it from FL to Hattiesburg, MS. We looked like a caravan of.......


Four days later.....looks like the Taj Mahal for chickens.....for sure.....


These ladies are happy they have a roof over their head......
My son starts the corn seeds inside the chicken eggs.......

He breaks the bottom of the shell and transplants the corn outside after the last frost....
I hope he brings me some corn this summer.......

And GRAM had a GRAND time with the GRANDSON!!!  He is all smiles with his first Easter basket from his other Grand....GiGi....good job picking out the masculine basket!
Happy Easter weekend folks!
~Lynda~




1 comment:

  1. OMG that certainly is a chicken Taj Mahal - absolutely splendid hen house for those lovely ladies. It is something I would do ....

    Love your back garden - it is lovely.

    Dee at the Carlton

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...