Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tribute to Dad

JHP Brown went home to be with the LORD Friday night. Dad lost his battle with cancer. He had a malignant melanoma removed from his torso in 2009. 7 weeks ago he was diagnosed again. His family had a great time visiting him during his illness at the VA Hospital, Bay Pines Hospice Unit, St. Petersburg, Fl. He was a wonderful father. He encouraged us ( more expectation that not) to complete our education with a reward of a new car and a piano at graduation. I am thankful for the wisdom he dispensed regularly.... we all miss him tremendously, already.... Thanks for understanding my absence.

This summer was such a blur......I had one too many dogs to care for.....and then....

Mr Higgins was adopted by a wonderful college prof. and is now called "Amos". Thanks, Jerm for your splendid love and care to Amos!

Amos.....photo by J. Daystorm

The LORD takes good care of us!  I feel blessed today. My dad is healed and in heaven, and Amos has a new family that loves him as much as I do.
Psalm 86:10-11  "For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God. Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.




2 comments:

  1. Linda, I am so sorry to hear about Pete. I am, along with your family, glad you had the time at the end to spend with him. Give your family my love & prayers. Love you!!

    Denise Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss, but how good that you were able to spend time together. Memories are forever.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...