Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Altered Playing Cards


I had fun yesterday playing with a deck of cards. I am a member of the "Junk Journal Junkies" Facebook group and the challenge of the month is to alter 5 Playing Cards.  I grabbed a deck and started working to change them.

 



First I sanded the backs just in case the slick finish resisted the Modge Podge I decided to use as glue. 
Next you can glue them to any paper you choose. I decided to make these journaling cards so coffee stained card stock was added.

You can decoupage plain card stock if you like.
When the glue is dry add old sewing patterns, book text and art work of any kind to the front. I chose to color copy some of my sketches on card stock and cut them down to fit.


 The above card is made with the new Jane Davenport face stamp that appeared at Michaels craft stores this week. I used watercolors to paint her hair. If you don't draw you can go to a site "The Graphic's Fairy" . com and use her free images. If you would like to learn to draw I recommend watching Dina Wakely You Tube channel on how to draw a face. It takes a bit of practice but if I can learn-so can you!



This is a doodle of a beach scene I drew years ago. You can see how I cut and blended the two on the final card. Yes I know it is sideways, but I haven't learned how to turn photos yet.....


This was a fun craft and easy to do. I would advise you to print your photos or artwork on card stock rather than printer paper to avoid bleed through.

Thanks for joining me today and happy crafting!

Lynda Harley



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...