Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Christmas Joy Tag

Bonjour Peeps!

     Everyone seems to be decorating for fall. I decided to jump right over to Christmas. Perhaps if I ignore the pumpkins and scare crows I'll have Christmas done in time.

So ....I decided Saturday to go through my Pinterest Board "Christmas Tags". So many wonderful ideas....time to be inspired by one and go with it!

Inspiration came from Felicity over at Stamperschef.blogspot.com post from 12/9/2011 regarding Tim's Tags Day Five. I just couldn't get those flowers on red paper out of my head.....


Gather your supplies:


I used one snowflake stamp, a small joy stamp
Stampabilities Faded Text Background
Martha Stewart 3 pedal flower punch
White craft pad from Stampin' Up
Close to Cocoa stamp pad from Stampin' up
Red, white, and cream card stock
Patterned paper in contrast (I used a golden yellow patterned paper)
White brads for flowers
Star paper clip in gold and gold brad to fasten.
White ribbon for bow and top of tag


Red tag is 2 1/2" X 5"
Cut one tag and stamp snowflake pattern sparingly

Stamp brown faded text background on white and cream
card stock. Punch flowers and assemble. THIS TAKES THE LONGEST TIME
DON'T GIVE UP ON THIS STEP.....it is very tedious and takes TIME!!!!!!

Arrange flowers in a circle and attach with brads.
Tie bow with ribbon and attach with brad.
Stamp red Joy on white card stock and cut ends for banner. Attach
to the center of the flower wreath
Add gold star paper clip with brad.
Use glue stick to attach red tag to golden pattern paper cut 3 1/2" X 5 3/4" This covers up all the brads used to attach the flowers to the red card stock.


Use on the top of a journal, as an embelishment for a present, or hang from the Christmas Tree!






Have you decorated for fall? 

What is your favorite Christmas item to decorate your home?

~Lynda~



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that - they are so lovely & inspirational. We don't really do much with Halloween but I do decorate for Autumn but I am way behind with that too so I might skip straight to Christmas too at this rate.

    Love your tutorial ...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts...